Fortnite Glow Skin Removed From Store Due to Errors currently not appearing – How to get/redeem the skin now
Samsung have temporarily disabled the Fortnite Glow skin due to errors/issues that have plagued the released of the skin and Levitate emote.
Samsung announced earlier in the week that the iKONIK Fortnite skin would finally be retired as a Samsung exclusiveand would be replaced by another skin that would be released on the 27th September. The iKONIK skin is still available to use for those who redeemed it before it was removed.
The new Samsung exclusive skin was leaked before Samsung officially announced it as dataminers leaked it from the v10.30 Fortnite update, but it was code named “Davinci”, the same code name as the Note 10.
The Glow Skin comes with a legendary emote, levitate, which is built in to the skin, so you can only use the emote with the Glow Skin.
Fortnite Glow Skin Redeem Errors
Since the release, there have been a large number of players who have run into errors trying to redeem the skin and emote. Some of the errors players have reported to us can be seen below:
- Samsung in-app purchase
- Purchase failure
- Unknown error occured. (E9071/6051/com.epicgames.fortnite)
Owners of the Samsung A70 phone was reporting that it never appeared in the Fortnite store for them along with owners of other Samsung mobile phones.
According to the support staff at Samsung, the Glow skin has been removed from the store for everyone until they can fix the multitude of issues that are currently appearing.
How to redeem/get the Fortnite Glow Skin
For those who don’t know how to get the Fortnite Glow skin, remember that you’ll need to have a credit card, debit card or PayPal account linked to your Samsung billing or else the Glow skin won’t appear in the store for you to get.
You’ll also need to ensure that all of the Samsung software on your mobile device is up to date. Here’s the step-by-step guide to redem the Fortnite Glow Skin and Levitate Emote:
- Download and launch Fortnite from the Galaxy Store or Galaxy Game Launcher on your qualifying Samsung Galaxy device.
- Sign in to your Epic Games account or sign up for a new Epic Games account.
- Go to the Store. The Fortnite GLOW outfit should appear in the Store under Limited Time Offers. Tap on it. Make sure your store is set to Samsung in Settings > Account > Content > Android Store Selection.
- A notice will pop up asking you to register a credit card, if you have not done so already. Click Next on the pop-up and register a credit card (your card will not be charged).
- Tap the Fortnite GLOW outfit again to choose the option to redeem the outfit and emote for yourself, or gift it to a friend, by 12/31/19. 2FA will need to be enabled for Gifting.
- Your Fortnite GLOW outfit will be available in your LOCKER. You will also receive the Levitate emote as part of this redemption process.
Eligible Samsung Mobile Devices To Get The Fortnite Glow Skin
Ensure that your Samsung mobile device is actually eligible to get the skin. There’s reports that some Samsung support agents have notified Galaxy Note 9 owners that redeemed the Galaxy skin that they won’t be able to get the Glow Skin and Levitate Emote. It’s possible however, that the support agent might have the wrong information.
As always, we’ll keep you updated with any news from Samsung regarding the new exclusive skin. Be sure to let us know in the comments what errors you’re getting, or if and when you managed to redeem the skin.